Wow, being a first time mama is incredible. Everything is so exciting, so new, and there is SO much to learn. I wanted to share with you guys some of the tips I have learned along my journey. A lot of my tips have come from fellow mamas. I was surprised to see how little postpartum experiences are discussed on the web, so I gathered the most highly reviewed postpartum products to share with you. And once little Wyatt comes, I will follow up on this post with my own personal experience using these products. Everyone’s labor and recovery is so different, so what may work for me- may not work best for you! 🙂
The hospital provides you with a gown but I packed these items for photos and just in case:
- Plum Pretty Sugar Robe: I wanted something pretty to take photos in, and THIS ROBE is a blueish purple, so I figured it would look great with the gray swaddles I brought for Wyatt. This company seriously has the cutest robes!
- Pajamas: I was told that I would likely be wearing a hospital robe most of the time, due to post partum bleeding, but I wanted to bring cute pajamas to make me feel more at ‘home’ and relaxed. I ordered this top HERE and these bottoms to bring with HERE.
- Slippers: I wanted to have something comfy to walk around in, and also something relatively inexpensive in case I decide to toss them afterwards. These SLIPPERS HERE are super cute, comfy, and less than $15.
- Socks: I found these socks HERE, they are super comfy and soft. I wasn’t sure how cold my room will be, and I am always cold. So bringing this JIC.
- Flip Flops: I wanted to bring a pair of flip flops for showering and in case I’m hot, they will make it easier to walk around in. I’ve had these ones for a few years HERE.
Wyatt’s Take Home + Announcement Outfit
The hospital provides things for the newborn, like diapers, blankets, and onesies. But of course, I wanted to bring my own.
- Swaddle blankets: The nurses kept complimenting how soft our swaddles were!
- Photo outfits: I ordered this name sticker which is cute for birth announcement photos. I’m also thinking about buying this felt letterboard to show his birth date, size, and weight.
- Going home outfit: This monogram onesie and hat are my absolute favorites. That is what I packed for Wyatt’s coming home outfit. I have heard that some hospitals make you keep the baby ID tag on their ankle until exiting the building. So I brought footed and non-footed bottoms- just in case. I came across this shop on Etsy “Baby Speak Boutique” and they have the cutest baby stuff.
Hope this helps some of you soon to be mama’s out there! I’ll be doing a recap after my hospital stay of what worked and what I maybe would do different!